Welcome to our third online suggested practise for Monday
We are looking to pilot an online broadcast soonest and we hope to have an update in the next few days.
1) If you feel so inclined, begin by reciting the usual prayers (please follow below links for text). Alternatively, try to think or articulate a wish for all beings to achieve liberation from suffering, etc .
- Four Thoughts: contemplating each in turn – http://northantsbuddhists.com/the-four-thoughts/
- Refuge Prayer: twice in Tibetan, once in English – http://northantsbuddhists.com/the-refuge-prayer/
2) Dharma – A teaching on Emptiness by Ajahn Brahm a British-Australian Theravada Buddhist monk and Venerable Canda’s teacher. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK6aTOzcjQw&feature=youtu.be
3) Do own practice, such as mindfulness of breath, for perhaps 20 to 30 minutes or longer.
The following might be found to be a useful pointer:
When His Holiness Dudjom Rinpoche taught meditation, he
demonstrated: through the seven sitting postures of Vairochana meditation, such
as gazing at tip of the nose, touching the palate with the tip of the tongue,
etc., naturally relax the body, then avoid attachment to anything and keep the
mind naturally abiding. After remaining in this natural abiding state for a
period of time, one can exit this meditation.
“Meditating in this way is called entering the meditative state. If after one
exits from the meditation and can still maintain his concentration while
walking, standing, sitting, lying down, and chanting sutras and mantras during
this post-meditation period, then one would have secured his meditation
During meditative state, make sure that your mind is naturally
relaxed and not being affected by any attachment, just like calm, flat surface
of a lake on a windless day.…”
3) Conclude with a dedication of merit (e.g http://northantsbuddhists.com/dedication-of-merit/) or one in your own wording.
4) Our What’sApp group can be used for any feedback or
questions. Any members who would like to be added to the WhatsApp group, can use the contact form on the homepage.